Tuesday 20 March 2012

Hines Ward To Retire?



Former Pittsburgh Steeler WR Hines Ward has scheduled A press conference for 12 PM this afternoon. It is rumored that Ward will announce his retirement today.

The former Super Bowl MVP was released by the Pittsburgh Steelers earlier this month. Ward 36, was set to receive 4 million next season. Ward spent all 14 of his seasons with the Steelers. During that time he was selected to the pro bowl 4 times, he caught 1000 balls for a yardage total of 12083, and 85 receiving touchdowns. He was named Super Bowl MVP in 2006 for Super Bowl XL, in which the Steelers defeated the Seattle Seahawks 21-10.

"This isn't how I wanted this chapter of my career to end," Ward said in a statement, after the Steelers advised him of their decision. "I did everything in my power to remain a Steeler and finish what I started here 14 years ago."

"I do feel that I still have more football left in me and I am looking forward to playing in the NFL, again, this upcoming season," said the former Steeler WR.

Stay tuned...

*UPDATE: It's a done deal. The Steelers all-time leading WR in yards has officially retired*

No comments:

Post a Comment